Suppose you use your mini-course for lead generation, such as collecting contact information from your customers for e-mail marketing. If you want to add them to your mailing list when they complete a course, this is for you.
It is possible for your customers to subscribe to your mailing list from your mini-course and you can automate this process by using Pipedream and Mailerlite. Of course, you need to ask for e-mails in your mini-course first. You can do it by adding an input survey card.
Pipedream is a tool for creating webhooks for free. If you do not have an account, create one from their website.
You can create “workflows” in Pipedream. A workflow represents an automated process that involves one or more webhooks. For your purpose, it is possible to create a workflow that will get your customers’ answers from a mini-course you choose and add them to your mailing list via Mailerlite. Let’s get started.
Create a workflow by clicking the “New +” button.
Then, before you proceed, you can name your workflow from the upper left corner of the window as such.
You can select a “trigger” now. Choose “HTTP / Webhook”
Then, pick “HTTP Requests (Most Popular)”
In the upcoming window, leave the default settings as they are and click “Save and continue”
Pipedream will generate a custom URL for you and represent it as follows. Copy this URL.
Go back to Mini Course Generator, open your course, and click the settings icon.
Select “Webhook” and paste the URL in the provided region. Choose “Course Finish” and then click “Save”
Here comes the part where you test this webhook. Preview your mini-course and answer the questions in your mini-course for testing. Then, go back to Pipedream. Click “Select Event”
The trial you made will be visible there; select “POST” as follows.
Your test answers on your mini-course will be sent to Pipedream.
You can view the related data listed according to card ID under event>body>cards.
You can view the data that belong to a card by clicking its ID. Your test answers will be visible there as such. Click “Continue”
Then, in the upcoming window, search and select “Mailerlite”
Before you proceed, it is best to have a Mailerlite account and have an e-mail group in your account. Mailerlite is a mailing tool mainly for e-mail marketing, which you can use for free. You can visit their website for detailed information. If you do not have an account, sign up and create a subscriber group.
Go back to Pipedream. In the upcoming window, you can select “Subscribe to MailerLite Group”
In the next step, you will connect your Mailerlite account.
In the upcoming window, you need to enter your Mailerlite account’s API address. If you do not know how to get it, click “here” in the window and Pipedream directs you to it. Copy and paste the api address in the related field and click “Save”
After you connect your account, you can select the subscriber group you want.
To add a subscriber to the group you select, you need to “Enter a custom expression”
There, you can find the card that contains the e-mail input. Select the input.
Now, click “Test”
When the test is completed, you can go back to Mailerlite and check if the test is successful. You should see the newly added e-mail in your mail group as follows.
Finally, go back to Pipedream and click “Deploy” to finish your workflow.
Congratulations, you are done!
- If the card in which you ask for e-mail is located in the midst of your mini-course and you would like to get them as subscribers when the card is answered, even if they did not complete the whole course, you can choose “card end” in the webhook settings.
- It is recommended to choose either “Card End” or “Course Finish” in the webhook settings. Choosing both may complicate the results.
- If you definitely need an answer to a question, it is best to make that question mandatory; so that your audience can not proceed without answering that question. Click the settings icon located at the bottom of your question card, and make sure that the card is mandatory.
- Pipedream will currently let you send up to 333 invocations per day for free. However, you need to proceed with a premium plan for increasing invocations.
- An alternative tool to Pipedream is Zapier. It is a well-known tool for webhooks, however they do not offer a free plan. You can check out their website for detailed information.
- Mailerlite will currently let you have up to 1,000 subscribers for free. However, you need to proceed with a premium plan for more.
- An alternative tool to Mailerlite is Mailchimp. It is a well-known tool for e-mail marketing, and they have a free plan too. They currently let you send 2,000 e-mails per day and 10,000 e-mails per month, for free. You can check out their website for detailed information.
Haven’t you signed up yet?
Join thousands of professionals in achieving more by creating mini-courses. Explore now!